Permanent, full-time, Wellington-based.
InsideOUT is a national youth charity seeking a Volunteer and Community Engagement Coordinator for between 32-40 hours a week to support our growing work.
As InsideOUT’s Volunteer and Community Engagement Coordinator you will oversee the coordination of volunteers, through supporting rainbow young people in Wellington to make meaningful contributions to our work and achieve their personal goals for volunteering. You will help facilitate engagements between InsideOUT’s volunteers and rangatahi with external organisations, government agencies and researchers. You will support facilitation and speaking engagements in the role as required. You will work alongside the Managing Director, staff and volunteers.
InsideOUT is a growing organisation that works to support youth, whānau, schools, community groups, youth services, government agencies and other relevant organisations to provide safer schools and communities for rainbow young people. More information about the organisation is available on our website: http://www.insideout.org.nz/
Skills and experience desired:
- Passionate about InsideOUT’s mahi and rainbow inclusion
- Able to relate well to young people from diverse backgrounds and meet them where they are
- Strong organisational and communication skills, written and verbal
- Strong time management skills and initiative
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Commitment to honouring Te Tiriti o Waitangi
- Experience in facilitation and public speaking
- Comfortable using technology eg. Google Docs
- Outstanding knowledge of rainbow communities and the challenges faced by sexual, sex, and gender minorities (preferred but further training can be provided)
- Previous experience in youth work, volunteer coordination, social work or mentoring strongly desired
- Familiarity with Youth Worker Code of Ethics and Mana Taiohi (preferred, but training can be provided if necessary)
InsideOUT is an inclusive employer and we value diversity. Applications will be considered regardless of ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexuality, physical or mental ability. Work hours and locations can also be flexible.