Work for Us or Volunteer
There are many people who support us to do the mahi that we do as an organisation and achieve our vision. Find out more about how you can get involved!
InsideOUT is always looking for new volunteers to get involved!
We are currently seeking Youth Volunteers.
We are always on the lookout for youth (under 27) to join our volunteer team. We need people with organisers and creatives! Our volunteers take on tasks of facilitating workshops, hosting our radio show, filming and editing, graphic design and supporting events and campaigns.
The majority of our volunteering opportunities are based in Wellington, Palmerston North, Auckland, Taranaki, Southland and Canterbury but we invite you to get in touch if you live elsewhere and have skills/time to offer!
We currently have no vacancies on our board.
The general role of a board member is to support the following processes:
- Set and maintain vision, mission and values, and develop strategy
- Establish and monitor relevant policies and procedures
- Ensure moral and legal compliance and accountability with relevant organisations
- Maintain proper fiscal oversight
- Select, manage, and support staff in their roles, and evaluate performance
- Maintain effective board performance through member conduct and utilising development opportunities
- Promote InsideOUT as ambassadors and work to protect the reputation of the charity
- Be familiar with the strengths and challenges that sexuality, sex and gender minority youth in Aotearoa face
- Support InsideOUT to uphold our commitment to honouring Te Tiriti o Waitangi
- Represent the organisation in an official capacity as required
- No experience required, however knowledge of InsideOUT and the structure of governance boards would be an advantage
- Contribute to the vision, mission, and values of InsideOUT
- Regular meeting attendance (Hours per month – 6 -15)
The ongoing commitments are:
- Attending a three hour board meeting at a set time monthly (usually 6-9pm on the second Tuesday of each month)
- Attending occasional additional meetings throughout the year eg. strategic planning days, trainings
- Allowance for meeting one on one or in sub-committees with board members or staff as needed
- Approximately up to one hours worth of responding to board business via e-mail weekly.
Work For Us
We occasionally have paid positions come up in different regions. Read on to find out about opportunities to join our staff! InsideOUT is an inclusive organisation and we value diversity. Applications will be considered regardless of ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexuality, physical or mental ability.
We don’t currently have any job vacancies, but keep an eye out on our social media to get the latest info about when we’re hiring!