InsideOUT is currently seeking more volunteers to support our growing work with schools in Auckland/Tāmaki Makaurau. As a primarily for youth, by youth organisation we prioritise volunteer opportunities for young people aged 18-27 in these roles, but are open to hearing from people outside of this age range.
There is no set time commitment for these roles and it will fluctuate depending on demand and volunteer availability. Volunteers will need to have some availability between 8am-4:30pm Monday to Friday to be considered, as most of the volunteering will take place during school hours.
We are looking for volunteers to take on the following key tasks:
- Facilitating professional development workshops on rainbow inclusion for school staff
- Visiting queer straight alliance/rainbow diversity groups to offer support, encouragement and resources
- Meeting with staff and students in schools to offer support around creating more rainbow inclusive schools
The following experience/skills will be an asset to volunteers in these roles, however aren’t necessary to apply:
- A full or restricted drivers license and your own vehicle (any associated fuel costs reimbursed)
- Experience facilitating workshops
- Prior experience leading or being part of a QSA or rainbow diversity group at school
- Knowledge on rainbow communities and the diversity within them
- Confidence speaking to and communicating with both groups of people and individuals
We would love to receive applications from Māori, Pasifika and Asian folk within our rainbow communities. We would also love to receive applications from trans and gender diverse folk, and men of any gender. We find that it works really well when we have volunteers supporting schools that they can identify with. eg. a male volunteer supporting a boys’ school, a Pasifika volunteer supporting a school with a strong Pasifika roll and so on, although our volunteers will all work across a range of schools.
Volunteers will be supported in these roles through training, coordination and expense reimbursement as appropriate.
To apply for a volunteer role with InsideOUT in Auckland/Tāmaki Makaurau please e-mail a cover letter sharing a little bit about yourself and why you’re interested in this role/any relevant experience and a CV to email@example.com. Ideally, applications would be with us by 16th June 2019. Please be sure to include that you are applying to volunteer in Auckland/Tāmaki Makaurau and some idea of your availability during school time.