Volunteer and Education Coordinator
Full-time; fixed-term (twelve months), Wellington-based.
InsideOUT is a national youth charity seeking a Volunteer and Education Coordinator for between 22-40 hours a week to support our growing work. Hours will be negotiated with the applicant.
As InsideOUT’s Volunteer and Education Coordinator you will oversee the coordination of volunteers, through supporting rainbow young people in Wellington to make meaningful contributions to our work and achieve their personal goals for volunteering. You will oversee the coordination and delivery of our education, consulting and speaking services. You will work with the Managing Director, staff and volunteers to deliver high-quality rainbow inclusiveness education in schools, organisations and workplaces.
InsideOUT is a growing organisation that works to support youth, whānau, schools, community groups, youth services, government agencies and other relevant organisations to provide safer schools and communities for young people of minority sexualities, genders and sex characteristics. More information about the organisation is available on our website: http://www.insideout.org.nz/
Skills and experience desired:
- Passionate about InsideOUT’s mahi and rainbow inclusion
- Able to relate well to young people from diverse backgrounds and meet them where they are
- Strong organisational and communication skills, written and verbal
- Strong time management skills and initiative
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi
- Experience in facilitation and public speaking
- Comfortable using technology eg. Google Docs
- Outstanding knowledge of rainbow communities and the challenges faced by sexual, sex, and gender minorities (preferred but further training can be provided)
- Previous experience in volunteer coordination, youth work, social work or mentoring (preferred but not required)
- Familiarity with Youth Worker Code of Ethics and the Youth Development Strategy of Aotearoa (preferred, but training can be provided if necessary)
- Full driver’s licence and own vehicle (preferred but not required)
This is initially a twelve month contract. Hours are dependent on the applicant – we hope to be able to offer a full-time role to someone with all the relevant skills and experience, however we will also consider two part-time roles (Volunteer Coordinator and Education Coordinator) for the right applicants. Please indicate your preference/availability for hours on application. The successful applicant will be paid above a living wage.
InsideOUT is an inclusive employer and we value diversity. Applications will be considered regardless of ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexuality, physical or mental ability. Work hours and locations can also be flexible.
Contact us to view the full job description. E-mail your CV and cover letter to email@example.com by Thursday 20th June 2019 to apply.