Part-time; fixed-term contract over six months
As InsideOUT’s Schools Pride Week Coordinator you will have responsibility for coordinating and delivering this new campaign. The campaign builds on our former Day of Silence Campaign by shifting the primary focus to a celebratory positive week of events that supports rainbow young people to have a sense of belonging in their schools and communities. We hope that by celebrating and normalising rainbow identities through our PRIDE campaign we can help reduce the experiences of bullying and distress for our rainbow rangatahi in schools.
The key responsibilities of this role are:
- Overseeing the coordination and delivery of the project
- Developing and updating the website through WordPress
- Managing the integration of the Day of Silence campaign into the PRIDE campaign
- Overseeing the creation of promotional materials
- Working with our Schools Coordinators to promote the campaign week to schools, QSAs and young people
- Ensuring the campaign’s usefulness and relatability to Māori and other ethnic minorities
- Leading the creation of informational guides and activity suggestions for schools taking part
- Working with a youth advisory group to deliver the project
- Planning and distributing resources and merchandise
- Regular reporting to our Managing Director
- Gathering feedback and completing an evaluation report for the project
We are looking for someone with superb organising and communication skills (written and verbal). The ideal applicant will be self-motivated with strong time management skills, proven experience planning and coordinating successful projects, and experience using WordPress or similar web development tools. Knowledge of the challenges faced by sexuality, sex, and gender minorities and cultural competency would be a strong advantage.
InsideOUT is a growing organisation that works to support youth, whānau, schools, community groups, youth services, government agencies and other relevant organisations to provide safer schools and communities for rainbow young people. More information about the organisation is available on our website: insideout.org.nz
This is a contract for up to 240 hours, spread across six months (February – July). Days and times worked are negotiable, but applicants would ideally have time to work between 5 to 20 hours per week, at an average of 10 hours per week (however some periods are likely to be busier than others). Exact hours will be confirmed with the successful applicant.
You will need availability on Thursday evenings to attend video meetings with our youth advisory group. The successful applicant will be paid above the living wage.