InsideOUT is a national youth charity seeking a Communications and Funding Coordinator for 16 hours a week to support our growing work. There is a potential for these hours to increase.
As InsideOUT’s Communications and Funding Coordinator you will have responsibility for identifying and pursuing opportunities for funding for InsideOUT and managing our external communications.
The role will be focused on building on our current partnerships and funding opportunities, whilst also developing new fundraising partnerships and initiatives. The Coordinator will have a broad fundraising focus with the opportunity to develop revenue across; individual giving, corporate partnerships, events, community fundraising, and trusts and foundations. You will also be responsible for managing InsideOUT’s relationships with funders, reporting back and for investigating opportunities for increased and ongoing support and ensuring funders contributions are acknowledged.
You will be responsible for overseeing InsideOUT’s external communications through our website and social media presence, a regular newsletter and assisting with media releases.
Skills and experience desired:
- Passionate about InsideOUT’s mahi and rainbow inclusion
- Strong organisational and communication skills, written and verbal
- Strong time management skills, initiative and ability to manage competing priorities
- Relationship building and stakeholder management
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi
- Comfortable using technology and social media eg. Google Docs, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Youtube
- Outstanding knowledge of rainbow communities and the challenges faced by sexual, sex, and gender minorities (preferred but further training can be provided)
- Previous experience in fundraising or communications (preferred but not required)
- Familiarity with youth development
This is initially a twelve month contract with the likelihood of both the hours and role developing and the term increasing. The successful applicant will be paid above a living wage.
InsideOUT is an inclusive employer and we value diversity. Applications will be considered regardless of ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexuality, physical or mental ability. Work hours and locations can also be flexible.
View the full job description Communications and Funding Coordinator JD
E-mail your CV and cover letter to email@example.com by Monday 21st December 2020 to apply.