Job Description – Kitchen Coordinator, Shift Hui 2017 (Voluntary)
InsideOUT needs a creative kitchen superstar to manage the kitchen roster, recipes, grocery shopping, and meal preparation for the 2017 Shift Hui in Porirua. The role will require about 10 hours work in the lead up to the hui, and then a further 4 days onsite at Horouta Marae for the hui which runs across Tuesday 18th – Friday 21st April 2017. This position is open to people of all ages.
The kitchen coordinator won’t be starting from scratch planning meals for a hundred people! We have meal lists and shopping lists from past hui, and the InsideOUT team will support the kitchen coordinator with their planning.
- Writing meal plans and compiling recipes for 3 breakfasts, 3 lunches, and 3 dinners as well as snacks for 100 people
- Taking due consideration for dietary requirements and making sure everyone attending the hui will be able to eat what the kitchen provides
- Organising kitchen rosters for the hui
- Overseeing the kitchen volunteer group in a way that is efficient, respectful, and empowering
- Sharing recipe information with volunteers and attendees
- Compiling a comprehensive shopping list
- Working with the Shift Hui Coordinator to stay within budget
- Attending planning meetings with the Shift Hui Coordinator and other InsideOUT staff in the lead up to the hui
- An enthusiastic cook who knows how to make exciting, nourishing, budget-friendly meals
- Responsible and relaxed
- A confident planner
- Someone who knows how to organise their time
- You don’t need to be a professional chef! You just need to know how to cook and have an enthusiasm for the role
- Some hospitality experience would obviously be a bonus, but not necessarily essential, especially if you have experience hosting large events or working on marae
While the position is voluntary, any expenses such as travel will be reimbursed by InsideOUT
Please send a letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP!