Currently the main services InsideOUT aims to provide are:
- Creating and providing resources, education, information and other relevant tools which engage youth to effectively set up and maintain queer straight alliances/diversity groups in their schools and take other actions to make their schools safer.
- Providing opportunities for young people to connect, gain skills and build capacity through running regular regional and national hui.
- Supporting young people and schools all over NZ in starting, strengthening, and sustaining QSAs and build the capacity of QSAs to:
1. create a space where students can socialise in a safe environment
2. provide support for students who might be facing issues such as bullying
3.spread awareness about homophobia, biphobia, transphobia, gender identity and sexual orientation issues within the school.
- Running and supporting awareness campaigns like the Day of Silence and Pink Shirt Day.
What we would like to do and what we can do are unfortunately different lists, due to not being a government-funded organisation! Help us sustain and expand our work by making a donation.
Check back soon for more on where we’re headed! Head over to our projects page to learn more about some of the projects we’re currently working on.